UPCOMING WES EVENTS
- Monday, January 8, 4:30 p.m. - WES Board Meeting in WES Library
- Friday, January 12 - Winter Workshops begin grades 1-6
- Tuesday, January 16, 6:00 p.m. - WCSU/WCUD Board Meeting in WCSU conference room
- Friday, January 19 - Second quarter ends
- Week of January 29 - report cards mailed home
Documentary: “Most Likely to Succeed” (followed by panel discussion)at the Woodstock Town Hall Theater
Invitation to Participate in a WCSU Project
Windsor Central Supervisory Union is launching into the important work of defining the critical skills and knowledge students need upon graduating from high school. WES parents and staff are highly encouraged to apply to be part of the team. Applications are due 1/26. Click here to apply. Please review the flyer below for more information about this group and project.
INNOVATION IN EDUCATION COMMUNITY FILM SCREENING
WCSU will have a community showing of the documentary film Most Likely to Succeed followed by a discussion related to the film and its urgent call for the re-imagining of American education. The film is quite relevant to work currently happening in our district to study models of effective 21st century learning environments and innovative programs with the goal of creating learning environments in our district that clearly reflect the demands of the 21st century. Here are some details.
Documentary: “Most Likely to Succeed” (followed by panel discussion)
at the Woodstock Town Hall Theater
- - Introduction and Showing of “Most Likely to Succeed”
- - Panel Discussion - How are we re-imagining education in Vermont to better equip students for the realities of the twenty-first century economy?
The film trailer may be found here: https://vimeo.com/122502930