UPCOMING WES EVENTS
- Wednesday, March 27- PreK-2nd Pentangle trip
- Wednesday, March 27 -Spirit Month Wednesday - Crazy Hair Day
- Tuesday, April 2 - John Halligan, Ryan's Story Cyberbullying Parent Presentation, 6:30-8pm, WES Gym
- Thursday, April 4 - Show Your Stuff Try-outs (3-6pm)
- Week of April 8 - report cards mailed home
- Monday, April 8 - Show Your Stuff Dress Rehearsal (after school)
- Tuesday April 9 - Dr.Nancy Doda, Making the “Wonder Years” Wonderful: Understanding Our Changing Young Adolescents Woodstock Union High School and Middle School Library, 6pm
- Tuesday, April 9 - Rising 7th Grader Parent Info Night, WUMHS 7:30-8pm
- Thursday, April 11 - Rising Kindergartener Parent Info Night, 6-7pm WES
- Friday, April 12 - Show Your Stuff ~early afternoon timing TBA
- Week of April 15-19 No School, April Vacation
- Weeks of April 29-May 10, SBAC testing grades 3-6
- Wednesday, May 15 - New Kindergartener Registration 12-3pm WES
- Wednesday, May 29 - May Day Celebration, 10am
- Friday, June 7 - kindergarten promotion ceremony, 1:30pm WES gym
- Monday, June 10 - 6th Grade promotion ceremony (subject to change if additional snow days occur)
- Tuesday, June 11 - Last Day of School - half day (subject to change if additional snow days occur)
Star Reports Coming Home Grades 3-6
This school year all 3rd - 12th graders in WCSU schools have taken two new assessments called STAR Reading and STAR Math. WES grades 3-6 students' winter STAR reports were scheduled to go home in sealed envelopes with the students at the end of the week.
The purpose of STAR Reading and STAR Math assessments is to provide your child’s teachers with information about how your child is doing in reading and math compared to other students across the country, and to identify what topics your child is ready to learn next.
The STAR Parent reports include a space for parent signature, but you do not have to return this report to the school.
While the STAR Reading and STAR Math assessments are helpful, they are only one measure of how your child is doing in school. Your child’s report card and schoolwork can also provide valuable information about how they are doing in school.
If you have any general questions about the STAR reports you are receiving, please contact Ms. Mills. If you have questions about your individual student's progress, please contact your child’s classroom teacher.
Woodstock Rec Center Spring Sports Registration
Boys and Girls Lacrosse and Coed Baseball, grades K-6
Registration deadline is April 8th
Don’t wait to register! Once you have registered you will begin receiving information about the programs and some start sooner than might be advertised.
More information and to register got to www.woodstockrec.com
NEWS FROM THE WES PTO
TEACHER APPRECIATION LUNCHEON HELP NEEDED!
To help cover classrooms so teachers can enjoy the luncheon together, please sign up here. We are in need of at least 14 volunteers and as many as 28 people just to cover the classrooms. Please consider assisting with this special event to recognize the efforts of our staff.
A Note From The Norman Williams Public Library
WE WANT YOUR REUSABLE BAGS
Do you have extra cloth or canvas grocery bags that are cluttering up your closet? WES and the Woodstock Community Food Shelf will take them. WES and WCFS partner together on weekend food bags for families and can use reusable bags for this ongoing project. Mrs. Klocek will have a box in the lobby for your bag donations. Thank you!
REGISTER FOR SUMMER SOAK 2019 !
WES NURSE NEWS
Old Vices, New Devices-Electronic Cigarettes and Vaping. A Public Health Crisis.
The Northern New England Poison Center’s presentation on e-cigarettes and youth will identify health risks associated with vaping, describe trends in use and provide resources and prevention strategies to avoid nicotine poisoning. This is a RSVP event, please contact Annie Luke at email@example.com or 457-1317, ext. 1163. This is on March 27th at 6pm at the High School.