UPCOMING WES EVENTS
- Monday, October 8 - No School, In-service Day for Teachers
- Tuesday, October 9 - 2nd grade to Marsh Billings National Park
- Wednesday, October 10 - PTO meeting, 3pm, WES library
- Wednesday, October 10, WCSU Community Engagement Event @Bridgewater Grange, 6pm-7:30pm
- October 9-12 - 6th grade Web of Life at the National Park
- Monday, October 15 - WCUUMD Board Meeting, 6pm Reading Elementary School
- Thursday, October 18 - Sculpture Fest - Chaperones Needed! Contact classroom teacher to help!
- October 22-26 - Health Center Tile Art Project at WES
- Wednesday, October 31 Halloween Parade starting ~1:45-2:00pm
- Wednesday, October 31 - end of first quarter
- Friday, November 2 - Picture Retake Day
- Friday November 9 - Harvest Hoedown
- November 13-20 Parent Conferences
PTO TEAM NEWS
The bake sale was a huge success and we would like to thank all the parents.
Your homemade baked goods were happily snapped up at the bake sale this year. Thank you to all the parents who were able to volunteer your time and your baking talents to help make our Fall Foliage Bake Sale a success. We also appreciated everyone who helped us man our treat table, including our sixth grade entrepreneurs. Thank you for spreading the word, stopping by our tent, and giving your children money to buy a treat after school too! We couldn't have done it without you!
The first PTO meeting of the year will be held Wednesday, October 10th at 3 pm in the school library. Feel free to bring children. We will serve light snacks and have some quiet activities for them to work on during the meeting. On the agenda: Our new PTO Mission Statement, Goals for the Year, and planning for our upcoming Harvest Hoedown (Nov 9), Family Game Night (tbd), and Book Fair (Dec 6-11).
We hope to see you there!
The PTO Team
Trebuchets and Catapults!
5th and 6th grade students studying the Middle Ages in social studies engineered trebuchets and catapults in STEM class. This week, they tested their designs and competed in a number of categories including creativity, stability of their designs, effectiveness of the wheels, and adjustability of the catapult/trebuchet itself. Did you know that a trebuchet is a type of catapult with a counterweight?
COME TO THE COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT SESSIONS!
All WES parents and guardians are cordially invited to attend one of the WCSU Family and Community Engagement Sessions to share input and ideas related to the Profile of a Graduate. Ms. Mills hopes to see many parents at Bridgewater Grange October 10th at 6pm.