UPCOMING WES EVENTS
- March 18-22 - Student-led Learning Celebrations
- Tuesday, March 19 - 3rd grade concert in the gym, 6pm (snow day 3/26)
- Wednesday, March 20 - Spirit Month Wednesday - Pajama Day
- Wednesday, March 20 - 4th grade concert in the gym, 6pm (snow day 3/27)
- Thursday, March 21 - 5th/6th concert in the gym, 6pm (snow day 3/28)
- Wednesday, March 27- PreK-2nd Pentangle trip
- Wednesday, March 27 -Spirit Month Wednesday - Crazy Hair Day
- Tuesday, April 2 - John Halligan, Ryan's Story Cyberbullying Parent Presentation, 7:00pm, WES Gym
- Thursday, April 4 - Show Your Stuff Try-outs (3-6pm)
- Week of April 8 - report cards mailed home
- Monday, April 8 - Show Your Stuff Dress Rehearsal
- Tuesday April 9 - Dr.Nancy Doda, Making the “Wonder Years” Wonderful: Understanding Our Changing Young Adolescents Woodstock Union High School and Middle School Library, 6pm
- Tuesday, April 9 - Rising 7th Grader Parent Info Night, WUMHS 7:30-8pm
- Thursday, April 11 - Rising Kindergartener Parent Info Night, 6-7pm WES
- Friday, April 12 - Show Your Stuff ~early afternoon timing TBA
- Week of April 15-19 No School, April Vacation
- Weeks of April 29-May 10, SBAC testing grades 3-6
- Wednesday, May 15 - New Kindergartener Registration 12-3pm WES
- Wednesday, May 29 - May Day Celebration, 10am
Celebrating Student Learning at WES
This week, families are invited by their grade level teachers to visit the school with your student to celebrate the learning children have been doing this year. These classroom visits also line up with the grades 3-6 music concerts this week. (Pictured above are the second graders who had their music concert the last week of February.) Please visit your grade level website/blog or contact the teachers for information on specific timing. We hope to see many of you at school this week!
Here are links to the newsletter/blogs for reference:
WE WANT YOUR REUSABLE BAGS
Do you have extra cloth or canvas grocery bags that are cluttering up your closet? WES and the Woodstock Community Food Shelf will take them. WES and WCFS partner together on weekend food bags for families and can use reusable bags for this ongoing project. Mrs. Klocek will have a box in the lobby for your bag donations. Thank you!
REGISTER FOR SUMMER SOAK 2019 !
WES NURSE NEWS
Old Vices, New Devices-Electronic Cigarettes and Vaping. A Public Health Crisis.
The Northern New England Poison Center’s presentation on e-cigarettes and youth will identify health risks associated with vaping, describe trends in use and provide resources and prevention strategies to avoid nicotine poisoning. This is a RSVP event, please contact Annie Luke at firstname.lastname@example.org or 457-1317, ext. 1163. This is on March 27th at 6pm at the High School.
🍁Maple Madness Open House 🍁
Join in the celebration of the coming spring and the Maple Sugaring Season! In conjunction with the Woodstock Chamber of Commerce and it's Maple Madness weekend, the First Congregational Church is hosting a family friendly event:
Maple Madness Open House
Sunday March 24th from 1-3pm
36 Elm St, Woodstock, Vt.
Watch sap boiling demonstrations on the front lawn and taste a few samples, create age appropriate maple themed crafts inside our community hall, and help make maple desserts in our kitchen. It has been a long winter this year. Shake off the winter doldrums and come celebrate spring, creativity and community with us. For further information contact email@example.com or call 802-457-9818